So after several months' of work last week I finally got new releases out for the Twitter module. And then this morning released more updates because a few bugs had snook their way in. Sorry about that. I do hope the new versions will keep people content for a while - if you, your client or your employer's site(s) use the module, please consider giving some back (on company/client time!) through helping with the issue queue as there are still a good many feature requests and patches that need some TLC.
Last week also saw a security release for Fieldable Panels Panes. With that out the door the next step for that module is to work through the issue queue and work on plans for the next release.
However, before that happens I do really need to get back to the Panelizer module that has definitely languished from my absence of the past several months. This module is very important to me and I'm ready to fix all the things and get a stable release out. Oh, and to write more tests. A lot more tests. Because tests are the one thing that help avoid the regressions that keep coming up.
Oh... I almost forgot. This weekend I'll be getting the D8 port of Metatag onto d.o and plotting out my hopes and dreams to take it to v1.0 and beyond - we'll see how that goes.
So, that was Friday.
The first positive thing was that I finished my work for the week in enough time to help with dinner, and I completed enough hours on an important project so that troop leader won't be worried about my quota ;-)
The second positive thing was a small thing, but I released a new version of a plugin for Drupal that's in use by at least a quarter of a million websites and has been downloaded over a million times. No pressure ;-) The new version fixes some bugs and will make it easier to avoid other bugs in future.
The last positive thing was uncovering a bunch of knots in Jen's back. While this isn't necessarily a good thing, we discovered them before she took the kids on a long drive to a new museum tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be able to loosen them up enough before she heads off to avoid problems while they're exploring.
In my recent appearance on the DrupalEasy podcast I mentioned that I was aiming to have Metatag 1.0 ready by the end of February. Next week is the end of February and, being honest, I haven't really touched it since releasing 1.0-beta9 on Drupal's birthday, January 19th last. I felt it best to explain where my contrib efforts have been lately and explain why I'm not making my goal.
As you might be aware of, I co-maintain a number of modules along with Metatag. One of the ones I like the best is Panelizer, a module originally written by Earl "merlinofchaos" Miles as a replacement for the lackluster Panel Nodes submodule of Panels. I originally helped with its port from D6 to D7 as I thought it had great potential, but it truly came into its own when Earl released v3 back in 2012 when it went from "Panel Nodes++" to a complete solution for displaying all view modes (!) of all entities (!!). The module has become critical to my site building tool chest and several projects I'm working on need several key bugs and feature improvements resolved. As a result, for the past month I've been focusing on fully understanding the detail of many of these issues so that I can lead the charge on the forthcoming v3.2 release.
Additionally, recently I've become the co-maintainer for many of helper modules for Panels - Panels Everywhere, Panels Content Cache and Panels Hash Cache, so I've also been trying to improve them bit by bit and learning how best to use them in my own sites.
Lastly, I've also been trying to finish off the next release of Code Per Node, and because of trying to help a friend I've ended up becoming co-maintainer of the AntiSpam module, which needs some fixes.. and there's Nodewords for the existing D6 sites.. and I need to do a new release of GoogleNews.. and...
So, as you can guess, I haven't gotten back to Metatag lately.
My current plan is to finish off the important fixes for Panelizer and then loop back to do another round of bug fixes & patch reviews for Metatag, which should lead to v7.x-1.0-rc1. After that I'll probably bounce around between Panelizer, Metatag, CPN and Panels Everywhere while I put together stable releases for each one, so hopefully by the end of March there'll be a bunch of new stable releases out.
Before I go I'd like to firstly thank my awesome employer Mediacurrent who sponsor much of my work on these modules, and Gregory Boggs for using Metatag as the guinea pig with a number of Drupal beginners he was helping