Some of the upcoming movies I'm looking forward to for this Summer include:
- April 16th: Kick Ass - an unusual take on the superhero origin story.
- May 7th: Iron Man 2 - does this need an explanation?
- May 28th: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - I loved the original computer game from almost 20 years ago, it has Jake "Donnie Darko" Gyllenhaal
- June 18th: Toy Story 3 - Toy Story 2 is one of Pixar's best, and it comes out on a family member's birthday, so we're all going to go see it!
- July 9th: Predators - a pseudo reboot of the franchise sees a bunch of tough humans whisked away to be the game for the predators' favorite past time. The trailer looks pretty good, and I'm a fan of the franchise (excluding AVP and AVP2).
- July 16th: Inception - written & directed by the person behind the amazing reboot of the Batman franchise, the trailer has definitely grabbed my attention.
- July 23rd: Salt - Angelina Jolie running around in an action flick. Say no more.
- August 13th: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - the latest movie from directory Edgar Wright, the other brain behind "Shawn of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" looks like an unusual but light 90 mins of escapism.
Of those there are only three I could see wanting to get on DVD later - Toy Story 3, Iron Man 2 and Inception, the rest I'd probably only be interested in seeing the once, though obviously that might change once I get to see them.. Not as many as other years, definitely less of the big ones this year interest me overly much, e.g. I have no interest in seeing The Expendables.
So, anything pique your interest? Are there other ones you're looking forward to?